Are you valued within your current Estimator role?
If there was a position that offers autonomy, and day to day variety, in a challenging, rewarding and supportive environment, would you want to find out more?
This is a career where you can make a real impact in a company who are going places.
JB Products specialises in aluminium and steel fabrications, manufacturing a wide range of products for both the refurbishment and new build sectors of the construction industry. We pride ourselves on our quality, professional and personal service.
At JB Products we’re seeking an experienced estimator to join our team to help us sell our products and services. Our ideal estimator uses their industry experience and knowledge to provide detailed quotations for client projects.
- Prepare cost estimates for new contracts by calculating the manufacturing costs.
- Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company.
- Prepare detailed, well-written proposals for each client.
- Manage multiple projects at any one time, ensuring each reaches the client by their deadline.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Undertake general office duties, answer the telephone, filing and attending meetings as required.
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Casual Dress
- Free tea/coffee
- Staff training/development
- Free parking
- Experience in the industry,
- Ability to understand architectural drawings (including the difference between a plan, elevation, section) and manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to formulate what needs to be manufactured from limited information and be able to draw a sketch of what is required.
- Understanding of the differences between different materials and gauges ensuring the correct material and grades are identified and used.
- Understanding manufacturing machine capabilities and time taken for each activity.
- Good communication skills.
- Be West Midlands based (the role is office based)
- Ability to complete mathematical calculations such as percentage, trigonometry etc.
- Academic/Technical qualifications with a minimum of English GCSE Grade C/5 and Maths GCSE Grade B/6.
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more our client would love to hear from you! Please attach an up to date CV to the link provided and they will be in direct contact.